As the summer season approaches, many individuals strive to achieve their dream beach bodies. To help you get shredded and feel confident this summer, I’ve compiled a comprehensive guide featuring my tips. From measuring your starting point to celebrating your wins, we’ll cover all the essential steps to help you reach your fitness goals. So, let’s dive in and embark on a journey towards a fitter, healthier you!
- Measure Where You’re Starting: Inbody Testing To kickstart your transformation, it’s crucial to know your current body composition. Inbody Testing provides valuable insights into your muscle mass, body fat percentage, and more. By establishing a baseline, you can track your progress more accurately and make adjustments to your fitness routine as needed.
- Track the Following: a) Nutrition: A key aspect of getting shredded is maintaining a balanced and nutritious diet. Keep a close eye on your macronutrient intake, ensuring you’re consuming adequate protein, healthy fats, and complex carbohydrates. Consider using a food tracking app to monitor your daily nutritional intake and make informed choices.
b) Workouts: Develop a well-rounded workout plan that includes resistance training and cardiovascular exercises. Focus on compound movements that target multiple muscle groups, promoting calorie burn and muscle development. Incorporate progressive overload to challenge your body and stimulate muscle growth.
c) Sleep: Don’t overlook the importance of quality sleep in your fitness journey. Aim for 7-9 hours of uninterrupted sleep each night to support muscle recovery, hormone regulation, and overall well-being.
- Create a Caloric Deficit: To shed body fat and reveal those coveted abs, you need to create a caloric deficit. Calculate your daily caloric needs based on your bodyweight and activity level, using a range of 10-16 times your bodyweight. Adjust your calorie intake accordingly to gradually lose weight while preserving muscle mass. Keep in mind that age can also influence your caloric requirements, so consider consulting with a nutrition coach, nutritionist or fitness professional for personalized advice.
- Consume .8 – 1.2 grams of Protein per Pound of Body Weight: Protein plays a vital role in muscle repair and growth. Aim to consume between 0.8 to 1.2 grams of protein per pound of body weight daily. Include lean sources of protein such as chicken, fish and beef in your meals to support your fitness goals.
- Make All Your Own Meals: Take control of your nutrition by preparing your meals at home. This allows you to monitor portion sizes, choose nutrient-dense ingredients, and avoid hidden calories present in processed and restaurant foods.
- Stop Drinking Booze: Reducing or eliminating alcohol intake can significantly impact your progress, as alcoholic beverages are often high in calories and can hinder fat loss. Yes, even those ones with zero carbs. They have 100 calories in each one and do not speed up your progress. If it doesn’t speed up your progress eliminate it!
- Avoid Processed Foods: Processed foods are typically high in added sugars, unhealthy fats, and preservatives. Opt for whole, unprocessed foods like fruits, vegetables and lean proteins. These choices provide essential nutrients while keeping you satiated and supporting your fitness goals.
- Go to CrossFit 4-6 Days a Week: Consider incorporating CrossFit into your workout routine. With its emphasis on functional movements and high-intensity workouts, CrossFit can help you burn calories, build strength, and improve overall fitness. Aim to attend classes 4-6 days a week to challenge yourself and stay consistent. Adjust the intensity so you can continue to come 4-6 days per week.
- Be Consistent: Consistency is key when it comes to achieving your fitness goals. Stay committed to your nutrition plan, workout regimen, and sleep schedule. Make fitness a priority in your daily life, and you’ll start seeing positive changes in your physique and overall well-being.
- Measure Results Weekly: Regularly tracking your progress is essential for staying motivated and making necessary adjustments. Set aside a specific day each week to measure your bodyweight, take progress photos, and assess how your clothes fit. Celebrate the victories, whether they are scale victories, improved strength, or increased energy levels.
- Celebrate the Wins! Don’t forget to celebrate your achievements along the way! Acknowledge and appreciate the effort you’ve put into your fitness journey. Reward yourself with non-food-related treats such as a massage, new workout gear, or a day trip to your favorite destination. Remember, every step forward is a step closer to your goals!
By following these tips consistently, you’ll be well on your way to achieving a shredded physique for summer. Remember, it’s not just about the destination; enjoy the process and the positive changes you’re making in your life. Stay consistent, measure your progress, and celebrate your wins. Embrace this journey as an opportunity for personal growth, and let the summer sunshine be the backdrop to your fitter, healthier self. If you need additional help book a Free Consultation and we’ll help you on your journey!